Ta40Nb® sheet, wire, circle, pipe
Supplier — AvekGlob Company — offers sheet, wire, circle and tube from tantalum-niobium Ta40Nb alloy at reasonable prices from the manufacturer. The supplier guarantees the timely delivery of products to any address specified by the consumer /
The tantalum alloy with niobium grade Ta40Nb is intended for subsequent plastic treatment in hot or cold conditions in order to obtain finished products of various shapes and configurations. It is produced by electron-beam or vacuum melting technology. The alloy code is in accordance with the UNS — R05240 specification. The alloy is manufactured in accordance with the technical requirements of ASTM B708.
Urgency of application
The Ta40Nb tantalum-niobium alloy is used for the manufacture of parts of chemical equipment that continuously or for a long time work in active acid media, primarily in nitric, sulfuric or hydrochloric acid. The alloy is also used in the production of high-temperature components of heating devices, thin-film electrolytic capacitors.
The main components of the Ta40Nb alloy are tantalum (up to 60%) and niobium (about 40%). In addition, tungsten (up to 0.5%), molybdenum (up to 0.02%), iron, carbon, nickel, titanium (up to 0.01% each) and silicon (up to 0.005%). As impurities are nitrogen and oxygen (in the form of nitrides and oxides).
Physical and mechanical properties
In the annealed condition, the main properties of the Ta40Nb alloy are:
- Density, kg / m 3 — 1665;
- Melting point, 0 С — 3000;
- Specific heat capacity, J / kggrad — 172;
- Modulus of elasticity, GPa — 206;
- The limit of temporary resistance, MPa — 276;
- Limit of plasticity, MPa — 193;
- Relative elongation at tension,% — 20;
- Hardness according to Brinell, НV, not more — 231.
Assortment and application features
The tantalum-tungsten alloy Ta40Nb is supplied in the following assortment:
- Circle, wire — from 3 to 200 mm in diameter and up to 1000 mm in length;
- Pipe — outer diameter from 0.8 to 200 mm with a length of up to 2000 mm;
- Sheet — width up to 1200 mm, thickness — from 0.1 to 15 mm, length — according to the customer’s request, but not less than 350 mm.
The alloy is well susceptible to plastic deformation in the cold state, high-temperature annealing is used to increase the ductility of the material. The material exhibits weak magnetic properties, as well as superconductivity properties.
Supplier — AvekGlob Company — offers to buy a pipe, sheet, wire or a circle from tantalum-niobium alloy of Ta40Nb brand in a variety of profiles and sizes of cross sections. Products can be bought at a price formed on the basis of European and world standards of production. Implementation is possible in bulk and retail, for regular customers, a flexible system of discounts operates.