Wire, round, rod duralumin D16 - 2024
Supplier — AvekGlob Company — offers wire, round bar, rod, which are made of durability grade D16 (AA2024, AA2124) at reasonable prices from the manufacturer. The supplier guarantees the timely delivery of products to any address specified by the consumer.
Dural of D16 brand (the nearest foreign analogues, produced according to US standards — AA2124 and AA2024 alloys), is doped with manganese and copper. The alloy is distinguished by its high strength, including fatigue strength, but it is poorly welded and has average machinability indices on metal cutting machines. The indices of plastic deformability in the cold state are average: in particular, bulk metal is only subject to separation operations. Corrosive properties are unsatisfactory, as a result of which this alloy is often aluminized or zinced, although this can reduce fatigue strength.
Urgency of application
Dural of D16 brand (AA2024, AA2124) is used in applications requiring a high strength-to-weight ratio, as well as increased fatigue strength. Typical parts — products of transport engineering and aviation, as well as other devices that operate at lowered −200… −250 0 С temperatures.
According to the technical requirements of GOST 4784−97, D16 consists of the following elements (numerical data — in percent, aluminum basis):
|up to 0.5||up to 0.5||0.3−0.9||up to 0,15||3.8−4.9||up to 0,1||1,2 — 1.8||up to 0.25||other, each 0.05; only 0.15|
In the composition of the alloy, up to 0.05% of zirconium is allowed.
The chemical composition of alloys AA2124 and AA2024 is regulated by the requirements of the UNS A92024 specification.
Physical and mechanical properties
- density, kg / m 3 — 2770;
- melting point, 0 С — 510… 530;
- coefficient of thermal expansion at room temperature, μm / deg — 22,8;
- Specific heat, J / ggrad — 922;
- modulus of elasticity, HPa — 72;
- coefficient of thermal conductivity at room temperature, W / mgrad — 190;
- hardness in Brinell, HB — 42… 105 (respectively, for soft and hard alloy);
- limit of temporary resistance, MPa — 245… 470 (respectively, for soft and hard alloy);
- yield strength, MPa — 120… 345 (respectively, for soft and hard alloy);
- permissible tensile elongation,% — 12… 4 (respectively, for soft and hard alloy).
Assortment and application features
A wire, a circle, a rod from a duralumin Д16 (АА2124 and АА2024) are made in a wide range of cross-sections and length. The material is welded only when welding with friction. The temperature range of forging of the alloy is 420… 480 0 С.
Supplier — AvekGlob Company — offers to purchase wire, circle or bar from D16 durale (AA2124 and AA2024) in the required assortment of cross sections and length. Products can be bought at a price formed on the basis of European and world standards of production. Implementation is possible in bulk and retail, for regular customers, a flexible system of discounts operates.