40X - 41cr4 - 40h round, rod, forging
Supplier — AvecGlob Company — offers at a reasonable price from the manufacturer a circle, rods, forgings, which are made of steel grade 40X (41Cr4, 40H). The supplier guarantees the timely delivery of products to any address specified by the consumer.
Medium carbon steel grade 40X (the closest foreign analogues are steel 41Cr4, 40H) is a structural steel alloyed with chromium. It is one of the most widely used alloy steels. After heat treatment has a good complex of mechanical properties, good viscosity at low temperature, and also high hardenability. Steel is manufactured in accordance with the technical requirements of the European standard DIN 1.7035. The fatigue strength of the material can be increased depending on the heat treatment regime.
Urgency of application
After quenching with subsequent tempering, steel 40X (41Cr4, 40H) can be used in the manufacture of parts operated at average values of working loads and speeds of mutual sliding — reducers of machine tools, shafts, rods, worm gears, etc. After quenching the HDTV, the steel in question can be used in manufacturing wear parts of increased hardness.
According to the technical requirements of GOST 4543−91, 40X steel contains the following elements (numerical data — in percentages):
|0.36 — 0.44||0.17 — 0.37||0.5 — 0.8||up to 0.3||up to 0.035||up to 0.035||0.8 — 1.1||up to 0.3|
Physical and mechanical properties
- density, kg / m 3 — 7800… 7820;
- melting point, 0 С — 1450… 1520;
- coefficient of thermal expansion in the temperature range 20… 100 0 С, μm / deg — 11,9;
- specific heat, J / grad — 466;
- modulus of elasticity, GPa — 212;
- coefficient of thermal conductivity in the temperature range 20… 100 0 С, W / mgrad — 46;
- hardness according to Brinell, HB — 179… 269 (depending on the method of heat treatment);
- limit of temporary resistance, MPa — 618… 980 (depending on the method of heat treatment);
- yield strength, MPa — 480… 685 (depending on the method of heat treatment);
- permissible tensile elongation,% — 14… 9 (depending on the heat treatment method).
Assortment and application features
The circle, rods and forgings made of 40X (41Cr4, 40H) steels are produced in a wide range of cross-sections and configurations. Mechanical machinability after normalization is average. Steel is one of the difficult to weld (it needs heating before welding). The material is sensitive to flocculation and to temper brittleness. The temperature range of forging is 800… 1250 0 С.
Supplier — AvekGlob Company — offers to purchase bar, round or forgings from medium-carbon structural steel 40X (41Сr4, 40H) in the required assortment of cross-sections, weight and configuration. Products can be bought at a price formed on the basis of European and world standards of production. Implementation is possible in bulk and retail, for regular customers, a flexible system of discounts operates.