Babbit B83 - Super Tough babbit
Characteristics of babbit B83
Babbit — antifriction bearing low-melting alloy of antimony with tin and copper, or — antimony with lead, copper and tin, or — an alloy based on aluminum and zinc. The antifriction property is given to them by the structure of heterogeneous solid particles, which serve as a support for bearings encased in a soft base of lead or tin. This will give uniform contact and wearability of bearings to the shafts, small friction and wear resistance. Manufacturing — pigs. Brands: B-88, B-16, BN, B-83.
Advantages of Babbit B83
- The most popular antifriction alloys;
- The index of wear resistance is higher than that of the lead alloy;
- Cheaper babbita B88;
- Coefficients of friction of lubricant 0,28 (without lubricant), 0,005 (with lubrication);
- Loads: 400 kgf / cm2 (static), 1000 kgf / cm2 * s (dynamic), 100 kgf / cm2 * s (percussion);
- The maximum rotational speed is 60 m / sec;
- Heating 110 ° C (above zero);
- Fill thickness ≥1 mm.
Disadvantages of Babbit B83
- Low strength (impact loads);
- Application in bearings subject to vibration and filled with a thin layer — is unacceptable.
|Material composition (%)|
|B83||≤0.1||≤0,05||≤0.05||Up to 0,35||From 5.5 to 6.5||From 10 to 12||≤0.004||From 80,941 to 84,5||≤0.05|
Application of Babbit B83
- Casting of bearing and friction parts;
- Turbine, crosshead, frame and crank bearing low-speed diesel;
- Support bearing of the propeller shaft, turbocharger, turbo pump;
- Bearing of ship and stationary steam engine (power more than 500 kW);
- Bearing of heavy machine-building equipment;
- At high speeds and dynamic loads;
- Eccentric cone crusher;
- Bearing high speed gear stand.
Buy B83 at a reasonable price
At the warehouses of LLC «Avek Global»:
- Availability of a wide range and a large selection of products;
- Order and purchase through representative offices;
- Order and purchase through the website;
- Guaranteed quality;
- Full compliance with technological norms of babbit production;
- Minimum terms of manufacturing;
- The dependence of the price on the volume of the order and the additional delivery condition;
- Flexible system of discounts for bulk orders.